PLEASE REFER TO THE SECTION BELOW ENTITLED “CHILDREN UNDER 13″ TO REVIEW OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN’S INFORMATION.
- This policy covers how we treat personal information that we collect and receive from you, including information related to your past use of the Site and any products and services offered on the Site. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect personal information when you register with us, when you use the Site, when you visit the Site or the pages of certain partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- We collect information about your inquiries and transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of the travel products and services that are available on or through the Site.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the pages you request.
- When you send us an e-mail using the “Contact Us” page, we will retain the content of the e-mail, your e-mail address, and our response in order to handle any follow-up questions you may have. We also use this information to measure how effectively we address your concerns.
- We use your email address to distribute news and announcements to you.
- We use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services, to contact you, and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information by “passive” means. We may collect web site browsing patterns or IP addresses to analyze the trends, to administer the Site, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- We use non-personally identifiable information for internal purposes and to help us interact with visitors to the Site. We may also share non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate form with third parties to illustrate trends and patterns.
- You may opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for one or more of the purposes above by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Public Relations at P.O. Box 9129, Louisville, KY 40209. Please note, changes may not be effective immediately.
Children Under 13
- We will not knowingly contact children under age 13 without the permission of a parent or guardian. We assume, however, that any child that subscribes to an email newsletter as a service in our member area has parental permission to do so. These subscription records are available for inspection at any time upon request.
- As required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will not collect more personal information from children under 13 than necessary for them to participate in online activities they have selected.
- Certain activities on the Site may request that children under 13 provide their email address only for a one-time use, such as entering a contest. The email address will only be used for the specified purpose, and will be immediately deleted upon its fulfillment.
- Other child-oriented activities on the Site may require more personal information than just an email address. Such information will not be collected from children under 13 unless we have first received a completed parental consent form.
- Personal information obtained with verifiable parental consent will be used to administer the activity for which the information was collected, to send information to children about the such activity, or as otherwise specified in the parental consent form.
- We may share a child’s information with the following third party operators who maintain information on our behalf: LeapFrog Interactive (502-212-1390). Parents or guardians may review, update, change or delete information directly with these third party providers.
- Parents and guardians are entitled under law to consent to the collection and of their child’s information for internal purposes while prohibiting the disclosure of their child’s information to third parties.
- Parents or guardians may review, update, change or delete information, or update their preferences regarding the collection, use, or sharing of information we have collected from children under 13 by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to Public Relations at P.O. Box 9129, Louisville, KY 40209-0129. Please note, changes may not be effective immediately.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- In general, we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, or when we have your permission.
- We may use third party contractors to help us operate the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as contest administration and prize fulfillment, and may share information about users with these contractors for those limited purposes. You may opt out of having your personally identifiable information shared for one or more of the purposes above by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Public Relations at P.O. Box 9129, Louisville, KY 40209. Please note, changes may not be effective immediately.
- We may be required to disclose your personal information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or if we determine such disclosure is necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may disclose your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions for use of the Site, or as required by law.
- As a quasi-governmental authority, we are subject to open records laws such as the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) and the Kentucky Open Records Act (“KORA”). Information collected through this Site, personal or otherwise, may, if not protected by federal, state or local law, be subject to disclosure pursuant to such laws.
- Additionally, we may disclose personal information to federal, state or local law enforcement authorities to enforce our rights or the rights of others against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the information contained on the Site.
- To help us serve you better, we collect information that does not identify you personally, but rather identifies your computer or browser. This is done by using files called “cookies” and by tracking IP addresses. We may set and access cookies to collect information about how the Site is used and to customize the delivery of information. In addition, on occasion the Site may also set a “session cookie” to help us administer the Site. A session cookie expires when the browser is closed, and does not retain any information after it expires.
- Cookies operate in the background and can be turned off if you wish. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, some pages or services on the Site may not function properly.
Confidentiality and Security
- Protecting your information is important to us. We use industry standard technology to protect the security of your information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- For those portions of the Site that require user registration, your account will be password-protected.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions please contact:
FAX: (502) 367-0199
Phone: (502) 368-6524