SDFSat 2:11 PM EST
Just in time for the holidays, Louisville International Airport launches its FlyLouisville.com mobile website to make traveling easier during the holiday season. The site, which will be optimized for smartphones and most small tablet and pad devices, will allow customers in the terminal, visitors on their way to the airport and people meeting passengers to access current airport information including the following:
• Flight information
• Shopping and dining options in the terminal
• Parking options
• Ground transportation options
• Special fares
• Coupons and promotions for airport shops and restaurants (Customers also will have access to view our full FlyLouisville.com website if they choose.)
Here are other helpful hints for holiday travelers to keep in mind:
• Pack light to avoid airline ticket counters and take your online confirmation and carry-on directly to the checkpoint.
• Consult your airline for size and weight restrictions for checked and carry on baggage. Remember, nearly all airlines charge fees for checked baggage and you can be subject to extra fees if your bag exceeds the maximum weight.
• Remember the 3-1-1 rule for carrying liquids, gels or lotions through the security checkpoint. You may carry 3.4 ounces of liquids, gels or aerosols in 1, 1 quart-size, clear plastic zip-top bag through the security checkpoint.
• If you are travelling with holiday gifts, consider shipping them prior to your departure. This alternative may be cheaper than checking an additional bag and you could be asked to unwrap gifts at the security checkpoint. Before leaving for the airport:
• Check in online. Most airlines allow you to check in for your flight 24 hours prior to departure.
• Check on your flight prior to departing for the airport. Visit FlyLouisville.com or your airline’s website to view your flight’s status prior to departing for the airport.
• Allow plenty of travel time. Plan to arrive 1½ to 2 hours prior to your flight’s scheduled departure. At Louisville International
• If you have questions while you’re in the terminal, visit our Information Booth located on the arrivals level near the baggage claim. A team of volunteer Airport Ambassadors will be glad to assist you 365-days-a-year.
Monday: 8 a.m. to Midnight
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thanksgiving Day: Noon to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to Midnight
Saturday: Noon to 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon to Midnight
• If you have extra time or a layover while at Louisville International, consider visiting Altitude: A Travelers’ Club® in the airside rotunda. The club offers a first-class travel experience with many of the same amenities offered in airline membership clubs at major airports. Services include complimentary light snacks, soft beverages and free high-speed internet access (a day pass is just $5.)