SDFThu 7:00 PM EDT
Construction continues on the $9.5 million Louisville International Airport Terminal Enhancement Project. HMS Host (food-and-beverage) and Paradies Lagardère (gift-and-news) are investing more than $8 million combined in new outlets and retail stores. Phase 5 construction on the departures (upper) level, before the security checkpoint (landside terminal) was recently completed. With this completion, the arriving passenger exit corridor for the security checkpoint has returned to its normal location.
Before the Security Checkpoint (Landside Terminal) – Rotunda
Phase 3C construction began on Monday, August 1 and will continue through September. It includes installing terrazzo flooring on the departures (upper) level in the landside rotunda from the Louisville Slugger shop to directly before the TSA security checkpoint. Due to these enhancements, the following adjustments will take place:
• Gift-and-News Retailers: Shops including Louisville Slugger, Churchill Downs and the PGA Tour Shop will remain open and accessible.
• Security Checkpoint Queue Area: The TSA security checkpoint queue area will be condensed during this phase to accommodate the construction. Passengers should follow the terminal and temporary construction signs for security checkpoint and gate access.
After the Security Checkpoint (Airside Terminal) – Rotunda
Construction on Phase 4D will begin on Wednesday, August 3 and continue through September. Work includes installing terrazzo flooring in the airside rotunda’s east side from the Finish Line gift-and-news retailer into the north side of Concourse A between Gates A1 and A3. Due to these enhancements, the following adjustments will take place:
• Concourse A Gates: All gates will remain open. Passengers should follow the terminal and temporary construction signs for gate access and directions to baggage claim.
• Restrooms: The men’s and women’s restrooms next to Gate A1 will be temporarily closed. The closest open men’s and women’s restrooms are next to Gate A9 or in Concourse B (next to Gate B2).
• Gift-and-News Retailers: At this time, the Finish Line gift-and-news retailer in the airside rotunda will remain open and accessible. Also at this time, all gift-and-news retailers in Concourse A will remain open.
• Food-and-Beverage Outlets: At this time, the Starbucks in the airside rotunda and The Bourbon Loft, along with all food-and-beverage outlets in Concourse A, will remain open.
To review previously released information about the Terminal Enhancement Project, click the Pardon our Dust link at www.flylouisville.com.
Note: Temporary construction signs are installed throughout the terminal to direct guests during the construction project—which should be finished in fall 2016.