SDFMon 7:06 AM EST
Construction continues throughout the Memorial Day holiday (Friday, May 27-Monday, May 30, 2016) on the $9.5 million Louisville International Airport Terminal Enhancement Project. As part of this, HSM Host (food-and-beverage) and Paradies Lagardère (gift-and-news) are investing more than $8 million combined in new outlets and retail stores. The following work and subsequent adjustments are ongoing during the during this holiday travel period.
Before the Security Checkpoint (Landside Terminal)
Center Escalators and Stair: Two of the four center escalators and center stairs that connect the departures (upper) and arrivals (lower) levels are temporarily closed through July as the escalators are retrofitted with new equipment. During this closure, one up and one down escalator remain open.
Food-and Beverage Improvements: The first phase of food-and-beverage improvements continues through June in the food court before the security checkpoint. This includes the temporary closure of the KFC Express and the permanent closure of Burger King, to begin construction on a new KFC and Starbucks. The current Starbucks (next the food court) and the Woodford Reserve Grill are open during this phase of construction.
Construction on Departures (Upper) Level: Construction on Phase 3A on the departures (upper) level continues through late June. It includes installing terrazzo flooring on the east side of the departures (upper) level, near the center elevator. Because of this, the following adjustments are in place:
• Exterior Doors: The center east exterior doors (closest to 5/3 Bank) are temporarily closed. For access to the American or United Airlines ticket counters, proceed west to the entrances closest to Air Valet. For access to the Delta Air Line or Southwest Airline ticket counter, proceed east to the next entrance.
• Delta Air Line Ticket Counter: The Delta Air Line ticket counters have temporarily relocated to the east, next to the Southwest Airline ticket counters.
• Security Checkpoint and Gate Access: The center walkway near the center elevator and Delta Air Line and Southwest Airline ticket counters is under construction. For security checkpoint and gate access from these ticket counters, passengers should follow the temporary construction signs.
• 5/3 Bank: 5/3 Bank is open.
After the Security Checkpoint (Airside Terminal)
Construction in Concourse B: Work on Phase 2C in Concourse B continues through the month and includes installing terrazzo flooring on the north side of the concourse. Because of this, the following adjustments are in place:
• Concourse B Gates: All gates in Concourse B are open. Passengers should follow the terminal and temporary construction signs for gate access and directions to baggage claim.
• Restrooms: The men’s, women’s and family restrooms across from Gate B15 are temporarily closed. The closest open men’s and women’s restrooms are next to Gate B2 or in Concourse A (next to Gate A1). There is also a restroom on the mezzanine level in the rotunda, next to The Bourbon Loft.
• Food-and-Beverage Outlets: At this time, all food-and-beverage outlets in Concourse B are open. However, the grab-and-go kiosk, La Tapenade, is temporarily located in the Gate B7 seating area.
• Gift-and-News Retailers: At this time, all gift-and-news retailers are open.
• Electric Passenger Carts: Due to the temporary construction walls, passengers who need assistance may continue to take the electric cart as far as the airside rotunda. There, Special Service Representatives (SSR) with wheelchairs will assist travelers to their gates.
To review previously released information about the Terminal Enhancement Project, click the Pardon our Dust link at www.flylouisville.com.
Note: Temporary construction signs are installed throughout the terminal to direct guests during the construction project—which should be finished in fall 2016.