SDFSat 2:35 AM EST
Here are some helpful hints and information for travelers as they prepare for their holiday trips.
New, Nonstop Air Service Just in time for holiday travel, Louisville International has some exciting new air service options. American Airlines recently added a second daily flight to Miami. Vision Airlines recently launched service to the Bahamas (Thursday and Sunday) and will begin service to Ft. Myers/Punta Gorda (Monday and Friday) on Monday, December 19, and to Orlando/Sanford (Tuesday and Saturday) on Tuesday, December 20.
Before You Go
• Check in online. Most airlines allow you to check in for your flight 24 hours prior to departure. A full list of airline check-in links are available at FlyLouisville.com.
• Pack light to avoid airline ticket counters and take your online confirmation and carry-on directly to the checkpoint.
• Check on your flight prior to departing for the airport. Visit FlyLouisville.com and click on Flight Status to view your flight’s status prior to departing for the airport. Consider signing up for electronic flight alerts if offered by your airline.
• Allow plenty of travel time. Plan to arrive 1½ to 2 hours prior to your flight’s scheduled departure.
• Charge your phone and input key numbers such as your airline’s customer service, your hotel, your rental car agency, friends and family.
• If you are travelling with holiday gifts, ship them prior to your departure or leave them unwrapped as you most likely will be asked to unwrap gifts at the security checkpoint.
• Remember the 3-1-1 rule for carrying liquids, gels or lotions through the security checkpoint. You may carry 3.4 ounces of liquids, gels or aerosols in 1, 1 quartsize, clear plastic zip-top bag through the security checkpoint.
• Wear slip-on shoes to make clearing the checkpoint easier.
• For TSA travel information, please go to the following link: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm.
At Louisville International
• Remember, since last winter’s holiday season, the airport has new and renovated cafes and restaurants, including a new Chili’s Too® restaurant in Concourse A and a new Stars of Louisville Sports Pub in Concourse B.
• Louisville International has a number of parking options. To view the parking lots and prices, visit FlyLouisville.com ‘Parking’. This holiday season (December 1 through December 31, 2011) a discounted holiday rate is being offered for the airport’s Credit-Card-Only parking lot. You can conveniently park just steps from the baggage claim area for $12 per day or $72 per week (with the 7th day free).
• If you have questions while you’re in the terminal, visit our Information Booth located on the arrivals level near the baggage claim. A team of volunteer Airport Ambassadors will be glad to assist you 365-days-a-year.
Monday: 8 a.m. to Midnight
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m. to Midnight
Saturday: Noon to 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon to Midnight
Holidays: Noon to 8 p.m.
• If you have extra time or a layover while at Louisville International, consider visiting the newly renovated Altitude: A Travelers’ Club® in the airside rotunda. The club offers a first-class travel experience with many of the same amenities offered in airline membership clubs at major airports. Services include complimentary light snacks as well as a more extensive menu of food and beverages for purchase. (A daily pass is just $5.)
• Not sure where to go? Check out our daily list of low fare specials at FlyLouisville.com. Click on Special Fares to view last minute fare specials to top destinations.