SDFTue 9:43 PM EST
Construction continues on the $9.5 million Louisville International Airport Terminal Enhancement Project. In addition, HMS Host (food-and-beverage) and Paradies Lagardère (gift-and-news) combined are investing more than $8 million in their outlets and retail stores. Phase 1A construction continues on the west end of the departure (upper) level of the terminal. To review the previously released information about this, please click the Pardon our Dust link at www.flylouisville.com.
After the Security Checkpoint (Airside Terminal) – Concourse A
Phase 1B construction in Concourse A will begin on Friday, January 29 and continue through mid-March and includes installing terrazzo flooring on the concourse’s east side. Because of these enhancements, the following adjustments will take place:
• Concourse A Gates: All gates in Concourse A will be open. Passengers should follow terminal signs, including the temporary construction signs, for gate access and directions to baggage claim.
• Restrooms: In Concourse A, the family restroom next to Gate A3 and men’s and women’s restrooms next to Gate A9 will be temporarily closed. The closest open men’s and women’s restrooms are next to Gate A1 or in Concourse B (next to gate B2). There is also a restroom on the mezzanine level in the rotunda, next to The Bourbon Loft.
• Food-and-Beverage Outlets: Chili’s Too and the grab-and-go kiosk, La Tapenade will be open. However, La Tapenade will be temporarily relocated to the Gate A8 seating area.
• Gift-and-News Retailers: The CNBC News Express newsstand will be temporarily relocated the Gate A8 seating area.
• Electric Cart: Due to temporary construction walls, passengers who need assistance can continue to take the electric cart as far as the airside rotunda. There, Special Service Representatives (SSR) with wheelchairs will assist travelers to their gates.
Note: Temporary construction signs are installed throughout the terminal to direct guests during the overall construction project—which should be finished in fall 2016.