SDFFri 5:16 AM EST
Construction continues on the $9.5 million Louisville International Airport Terminal Enhancement Project. In addition, HMS Host (food-and-beverage) and Paradies Lagardère (gift-and-news) combined are investing more than $8 million in their outlets and retail stores. Work is on-going on Phases 1A and 1B. Phase 1A construction focuses on the west end of the departure (upper) level of the terminal, and Phase 1B construction is in Concourse A. To review the previously released information about this, please click the Pardon our Dust link at www.flylouisville.com.
After the Security Checkpoint (Airside Terminal) – Concourse B
Phase 1C construction in Concourse B will begin on Tuesday, February 9 and continue through April 2016 and includes installing terrazzo flooring on the concourse’s south side. Because of these enhancements, the following adjustments will take place:
• Concourse B Gates: All gates in Concourse B will be open. Passengers should follow terminal signs, including the temporary construction signs, for gate access and directions to baggage claim.
• Restrooms: At this time, all restrooms in Concourse B will remain open.
• Food-and-Beverage Outlets: At this time, all food-and-beverage outlets in Concourse B will remain open.
• Gift-and-News Retailers: At this time, all gift-and-news retailers in Concourse B will remain open.
• Electric Passenger Carts: Due to temporary construction walls, passengers who need assistance can continue to take the electric cart as far as the airside rotunda. There, Special Service Representatives (SSR) with wheelchairs will assist travelers to their gates.
Note: Temporary construction signs are installed throughout the terminal to direct guests during the construction project—which should be finished in fall 2016.